Roof leaking? Damaged after a storm? Need shingles replaced? Maybe your roof is older, and it’s finally time for a replacement. Check out our previous article, “How To Know When To Repair Or Replace Your Roof,” for helpful information!
Whatever your roofing needs, you will always want to get a roofing estimate from a knowledgeable and trustworthy roofing company.
Never had a roofing estimate before? That’s okay! We are here to ensure you know what to expect and a few questions to ask when it’s done.
Your roof is literally your protection, so it’s important to work with experienced roofing professionals. If you’re searching for a roofing estimate in San Antonio, you’re in luck because that’s an area that we, Stephens Roofing, serve! We’ve been serving the San Antonio, Boerne, Austin, and surrounding areas for close to 4 decades now, and we have the knowledge, training, and tools to get the job done right, each and every time.
But enough about us, let’s get to the main point of this article.
Roofing Estimate – Process
It’s essential to know what is happening during a roof estimate and to make sure that your roofer is looking at every angle and assessing every possible issue. Make sure that you get these answers from your roofer when they have completed the assessment and estimate.
- Full work description – What issues are being addressed and resolved
- Material being used and the cost of materials
- Information on crew/subcontractors and labor costs
- Start and completion date
- Warranties on material and services provided
- Clean up and removal information
- Permit information – Who is responsible for getting permits
- Payment terms
- Total cost
- Roofing contract/additional roofing maintenance agreement
- If roof is being replaced – new insurance information
Roofing Estimate Questions
After the roofer gives you an estimate on your roof, you want to ask the following questions:
- Are you a licensed roofing contractor?
- How much experience do you have?
- Can you provide references for other similar projects?
- Do you have workman’s comp and general liability insurance?
- Will you use your own crew, or will you subcontract?
- Can you explain what you will be doing and what is involved in clean-up and removal?
- If the project goes over the planned time frame, what is your plan?
- If more material is needed, do you already account for that in the original cost? On average, how much more is typically needed to complete the project?
Keep track of these answers and compare them to other roofing estimates that you’ve gotten. Always interview multiple people for the job. That is essential advice. You want to work with someone who will be patient and understanding of your questions, give you answers and be 100% about YOU, the customer. If something doesn’t feel right, trust your instincts and contact more companies until you find one that clicks.
Your roofing contractor will be your go-to for future inspections, installations, repairs, and maintenance. They will also be there to help with insurance and warranty questions. A reliable and trustworthy roofing company will be organized, precise and knowledgeable.
Need a Roofing Estimate in San Antonio?
If you need a roofing estimate in San Antonio, connect with us today! We service both residential roofing and commercial roofing needs and are certified in various roofing techniques and proper material handling.
Connect with us today to schedule your free estimate and to speak with us about the different services we provide for homeowners and commercial business owners!